[AMRadio] Is the novelty of the "new" 40m bandwearing

Jim Tonne Tonne at Comcast.net
Thu Apr 23 17:04:34 EDT 2009

Al Perkins:

Don't them then grind you down!  The Extra offers some
advantages such as some more frequencies you can use
but sometimes I wonder if perhaps it is mostly an ego
thing.

When I took the Extra exam it impressed me as being
more of an IQ test than anything else.

I originally had an Extra back when it really meant something,
when you had to copy 20 wpm of junk, when you had to
know some theory.  Then I did one of the stupidest things
imaginable:  I let it run out.

Shortly after that I again got my Advanced and then the
Extra.  I did this so I could use any of the frequencies
without worrying about  General versus Extra bandedges.
.
- Jim WB6BLD