[AMRadio] State of the Hobby!

alton young w4bni at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 23 18:32:00 EDT 2009

You know when the f.c.c. dumbed down the commercial license and we all know why ,that amateur radio was not far behind .the people that want something for nothing is the reason of the state of amateur radio ,The tech class was a good class for the vhf uhf experimenters and served its purpose well but i never taught the tech test if you could pass you could get a general and most of the guys upgraded to advanced or extra  given this day and time we live in there is no excuse at all for someone not upgrading other than just being lazy.I listen each evening to most of the a.m. spots and dx windows and dont hear as much as i would like .I wish everyone would at least get a general and use the spectrum .Good luck.W4BNI