[AMRadio] State of the Hobby!

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Fri Apr 24 14:56:37 EDT 2009

There is very good homebrewing to be done in both vacuum tube and
solid-state technology.  I do as much of both as time allows.  I see no
reason to have to choose between the two.  But it is perfectly cool if
some folks concentrate on one or the other - go for it.

I will mention one thing, though... I've heard a lot of guys say "I
know tubes!" and "you can't get those parts any longer!", as a reason
they don't build any homebrew stuff anymore, but the truth is that it
is that it is very easy to build tube gear today - everything is
available online at the flick of a mouse.  I think they just don't want
to build - which is fine.  Why do they need an excuse?

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.