[AMRadio] Base Insulators for 125' tower

M. K. Hess mkhess at kias.org
Sun Apr 26 09:02:28 EDT 2009

Hi Folks,

A friend of mine is thinking of putting up a 125' tower for 160m use on AM.
He's collecting up old TV tower sections
from folks who are no longer using them for TV, and the plan is to build a
vertical out of it. Here's the $65K question he threw at me
and I thought I'd open it up to the group. What can he reliably use as base
insulators for this tower/antenna project??

Anyone had any experience with building a vertical like this, and have a
suggestion?

Mike - N3EAQ