[AMRadio] Base Insulators for 125' tower

Bernie Doran qedconsultants at embarqmail.com
Sun Apr 26 11:16:41 EDT 2009

This is really pretty simple  get a piece of 1/2" lexan  big enough for the
tower to easily rest on. bolt it to a large piece of pressure treated wood
to distributive the load over the soil. cut a second piece to hold L
brackets to the tower legs, counter sink the bolts for the brackets  ( on
the bottom of this piece)  then bolt through the entire sandwich of two
pieces of lexan and PT wood.   remember this is a low voltage point so it is
not going to have thousands of volts at the base.   If he wants to use it on
80, it should still work fine if he keeps dead grass and debris off of it.
he might even consider adding a loading coil at the base to make the pole
look like a 3/4. might be able to feed with coax with low swr. Bernie W8RPW
PS this is what I use on my verticals, actually I used 1/4 inch because I am
cheap. ----- Original Message -----