[AMRadio] Seeking advice on "wires in trees"

Radio Station KW1I kw1i at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 28 22:36:57 EDT 2009

When you put the pulley up at the top of pine tree make sure it is a good
quality one and test the uphaul line on it to make sure that everything is
sized right and the line under load can't jam between the pulley sheave and
the pulley housing.

I've found that the antenna system if tethered high enough in the pine does
not need springs or weights on the end of uphauls.  The springiness in the
top of the pine will take up the peak forces.

Dale
KW1I

P.S.  I prefer bow an arrow placement