[AMRadio] HM-102 PEP Circuit

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Wed Apr 29 11:41:39 EDT 2009

This link does not work!

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Kent (Seattle), Wa,
"Real Radios Glow in the Dark"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul" <kremper4-qanda at yahoo.com>
To: <amradio at mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 8:12 AM
Subject: [AMRadio] HM-102 PEP Circuit

I'm looking for an article that was evidently published on Prodigy.net that
describes the construction of an add-on PEP detection circuit for the Heath
HM-102 HF wattmeter.

I stumbled across this old posting:

Hi All,
I found a circuit posted on the Yahoo Group, "RF AMPLIFIERS" in the files
section. This is a PEP modification done by Chuck Hawley, KE9UW. His circuit
has a good description, and looks relatively simple to build into several
popular watt-meters including the Byrd 43, and maybe even my MFJ. I
downloaded the .PDF file on my personal web space:
http://pages.prodigy.net/jcandela/PEP/ and devised by Chuck Hawley, KE9UW
The circuit appears to be exactly what I was looking for.........
Jim
JKO

but Chuck's article is no longer there, and I don't know the e-mail address
of the author "Jim."

Does anyone in the group have a copy of that article they could send me?

Tnx es 73,

Paul / N1FB