[AMRadio] Seeking advice on "wires in trees"

Dave k9ux at mchsi.com
Wed Apr 29 14:25:56 EDT 2009

I have used a pulley system myself and have had good luck with it.
But I used a boat winch to hoist the antenna up and down. I attached the
winch at the bottom of the tree with a piece of
wood block. The winch has locking teeth to keep it taught, and I detach the
handle to keep anyone from playing with it.
I used bungee cords at each end to allow some movement in high winds.

I am now trying to put up a loop and am going to try electric fence anchors
in the trees.

Dave K9UX