[AMRadio] Filament choke

John Coleman jc at pctechref.com
Thu Apr 30 10:20:54 EDT 2009

This may be an unwarranted alarm but if it were me, I would increase the value of the RFC in the bias line from 100uh to maybe 1mh.  Your resonate frequency with the .02 bypass capacitor is quite low but I suspect a substantial amount of RF current will still be passing through a 100 uh coil and there may be heating especially if the choke is a tightly wound thing on .25 in form.

Good Luck
John, WA5BXO