[AMRadio] Classic Link Coupled Tuner

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Sat Aug 15 11:19:06 EDT 2009

Brian,

The bumfuzzlement is being caused by something that your calculations
don't have the ability to deal with.

All your other tuners do NOT use link coupling!  The commercial tuners
are usually an "outboard" PI-Network.  Although the UT-2000 is a T-Network.

The link coupling does this in a manner different than a PI or T, in
that the link coupling has that little quantity of the field that the
coupling depends upon.

I do NOT have numbers to perform a mental gymnastic exercise, although I
have had the experience of using the three of them.  The link coupled is
much like the BC-610 PA Coil with its rotating link.  It actually can be
set to different coupling positions and STILL achieve resonance by
retuning the variable capacitor.

Bob - N0DGN