[AMRadio] [samrc] W2A - Details

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 17 16:56:39 EDT 2009

John this was one of those times where you had to just be on the air when we first powered up.

We were not able to promote in advance because permission to access this closed site came only at the last minute, after months of clearances.

But, we all picked a weekend where we could pull it together if it were to happen, and yep, happen it did !

We did manage a real-time post on Friday, Aug, 14, when Ken W2DTC was at the station and making the very first contacts.

That lit some fires around, and pretty soon folks were coming out of the woodwork to see what was going on.