[AMRadio] 100TH and 250TH advice and or comment

LEE BAHR pulsarxp at embarqmail.com
Tue Aug 25 15:19:47 EDT 2009

John Moan (forgot his call and spelling) (SK) in San Antonio used to run a
few BC-610s.  He always rotated his 100TH and 250TH tubes to keep gassing
from forming in them.  He had about a dozen BC-610s and around 17 R-390A
receivers in his shack.   I think he used to say it was bad to lie them on
their side too.  He seemed to know what he was doing and swore the cycling
of the tubes was neccessary to keep them alive.  He claimed storing these
tubes would kill them in time.  I am only talking about 100TH and 250TH
tubes.

Lee
w0vt
Houston