[AMRadio] 100TH and 250TH advice and or comment

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Tue Aug 25 17:17:33 EDT 2009

Sorry Lee!

I've also been putting in some moulding in the house.  (Probably
misspelled it too!)  It is a Honey-Do day with the wife off.

I'm still trying to figure out why some that sit and have been used,
versus the ones IN the radio that have sat are the ones that are the
ones showing the "gassy" indications.

Then there is the T-213 that has sat for several years, and the tubes
are all crystal clear.

I am finding neither rhyme nor reason.  I'm at the befuddlement point!

Bob - N0DGN

LEE BAHR wrote:
> John Moan (forgot his call and spelling) (SK) in San Antonio used to run a
> few BC-610s.  He always rotated his 100TH and 250TH tubes to keep gassing
> from forming in them.  He had about a dozen BC-610s and around 17 R-390A
> receivers in his shack.   I think he used to say it was bad to lie them on
> their side too.  He seemed to know what he was doing and swore the cycling
> of the tubes was neccessary to keep them alive.  He claimed storing these
> tubes would kill them in time.  I am only talking about 100TH and 250TH
> tubes.
>
> Lee
> w0vt
> Houston

|             AM Amateur Radio Operator    NØDGN                   |