[AMRadio] 100TH and 250TH advice and or comment

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Tue Aug 25 18:53:57 EDT 2009

Brett,

I'm thinking the thermal cycling, a number of years of use that is for
the most part intermittent, followed by then sitting for another year
and a half has been what broke the back.  So long as the intermittent
use was a rather regular periodic interval, I was heating them up and
getting them full use.

I got medical issues that wouldn't let me enjoy the big AM rig, and it sat.

I started trouble shooting a problem, and I find the three of them are
now gassy.

Yet the second radio only got used for about two hours since I got it,
(I can only run one at a time. LOL), and it has now sat for over four
years AND it has NO gassy tubes.

I trying to understand why ONE did and the OTHER did not.

Then it could just be those tubes were going anyway.  Although I doubt
it.  They all can in the original Mil issue packaging.

It is all strange!

Bob - N0DGN