[AMRadio] 3.860

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Tue Dec 1 17:55:09 EST 2009

It is hard for me to tell Bry,  I had my NC 183D on and I must admit
that 5 Kc is hard to tell.  I dial around in the afternoons and have
never run across this bunch on AM and I didn't bother to turn on the
Icom to pinpoint the frequency.  But from their conversation they
sounded like this is one of the first times they have used AM,
especially on this frequency.

I heard one tell another to push the AM button, so I assume they play
around near there on SSB and have decided to get on AM.  It sure brought
out the guys with the constant dit machine, whistles and catcalls.  Kind
of funny to this OF because both calls I heard are new hams.

Jim/W5JO