[AMRadio] Muting the R390 on transmit

Grant Youngman nq5t at tx.rr.com
Wed Dec 2 00:14:01 EST 2009

Do you have the Break In switch on the front panel set to "ON"?   It's the switch just below  the AGC speed selector

If so, check terminal 9 for 6.3 vac.  (or maybe 12.6 vac, I forget which).  If you don't hear a relay click, when grounding terminal 9 AND the break in switch is ON, then either the relay is bad, or the ac voltage to the relay (through the BRK IN terminal) is interrupted somewhere.  If you can hear the relay close, and the radio still doesn't mute, then something else is amiss.

Grant