[AMRadio] Muting the R390 on transmit

John King k5pgw at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 2 11:46:05 EST 2009

Thanks for the source of information, Jerry. I have looked at the schematic on the Y2K site and see relay 601, the break in relay. Now I must physically locate it and determine if the relay is indeed bad. I have 12.95 vac at terminal 9 on the terminal board  on rear of R390. Now to locate the relay and determine if a component between the power source and the relay coil is bad. I suspect a resistor that may be in series with the relay coil voltage supply  "in my imagination" because I haven't located such a resistor. I remember a faint smell of hot carbon when I first attempted to energize the relay by grounding terminal 9 and additionally, I observed slight arcing when I connected the grounded alligator clip to terminal 9.  If the foregoing tells you anything, please feel free to direct me. Thanks again and 73, John, K5PGW