[AMRadio] Muting the R390 on transmit

Grant Youngman nq5t at tx.rr.com
Wed Dec 2 14:00:43 EST 2009

I didn't assume it was just a silent "A" and it does make a difference :-)

In the R-390, the break-in relay is K-602 and the Squelch relay is K-601.   In the R-390A the Break-in relay is K-601 an there is no Squelch relay.  There are differences in how muting is effected in the two radios as well, since the R-390A does not use an interstage transformer to drive the line and local amps.  But the general notion of getting control voltage to the break-in relay is similar.

Grant/NQ5T