[AMRadio] deliberate encroachment

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Sat Dec 5 18:31:06 EST 2009

>If you were on the air first, the net control should have asked you to
move up
>a bit, as the net was about to start.

Hmmm...  why not shift the net down?  Nets should not have "priority"
over other operations.  When I an NCS for a net, I start the net on a
frequency on or near (as needed to avoid contacts already in progress).
   For example, I'm sometimes net-control for a net that is planned for
3840 kHz, but often sets up on 3838 or so to avoid QS0s on 3841.

Wherever NCS calls the net, that's the frequency everyone should meet
on.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
Capital City Hamfest - Sat, Jan 23 - Madison, Wisconsin
http://www.wd8das.net/hamfest