[AMRadio] deliberate encroachment

Bernie Doran qedconsultants at embarqmail.com
Sat Dec 5 19:16:45 EST 2009

Dave: with all due respect, think about what you have said. you first
assumed I was on SSB and said that I should not have been in the AM WINDOW,
now you are saying that I was on the wrong freq. if you go back to what I
said you will see that I moved 7kc away from the station lower in freq, that
is barely enough to avoid qrm. My audio at starts to fall off at 5 kc so I
am about 10 kc wide, +and- 5kc  if the other gentleman also had the same
response then we have a slight overlap of about 1.5 kc each. And that does
not include what our receivers listen too.   the only way that I even knew
that I was that close was because I turned on the rice box as an accurate?
source and zero beat it. If you chose to crowd and run a 2.1 ssb filter, you
will be much better off running sideband. my audio train and voice have only
minimal freq above 5kc, probably Fs and Ss hit a little above that.  The
available band for voice xmission runs from a little above 3.6 to a little
below 4.0.  we can operate anywhere in that area and on any freq. read the
regulations.    I actually thought we were through with this discussion.
Now I am heading to the garage and turn on the big dog, if the freq is clear
I will try to be on 3,704,711 CYs  I think that is a prime number. not sure.
if that area is busy I may be as low as 3.68XXX or up to 3.72xxx
Come on down there and join me.  Bernie W8RPW