[AMRadio] Threads that go on and on

John King k5pgw at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 18 11:29:26 EST 2009

I am not being critical of any ONE person, but the threads go and on,  on the reflectors. Yes, I have a delete button, but that is usually the reply of those who grandstand with their posts trying to either WOW the list or PUT DOWN someone they don't like or agree with.

Many times, when a serious technical question or subject is brought up,  there are those who seem to see that as an invitation for a debate. About that time it begins to get nasty and ungentlemanly.

I get a LOT of help from the many lists I am subscribed to because being the  owner of a large bone yard of vintage gear, I always have questions, if not to learn something new, but to verify for myself that my analysis was correct.

There are those who must believe that a ham who has been licensed for 52 years, has worked in Broadcast and who has a General Radiotelephone (formerly first class) license,  just left the VE testing session and doesn't know how to plug his latest bell and whistle  9000 Super Duper Japanese Marvel in the wall socket. Do you think that may be why one is often asked, when he posts a question, IS IT PLUGGED IN??????

I get some GREAT technical help and parts help from the reflectors and that is why I stay subscribed. There are those so narcisistic that they have no introspection and they proceed like a "blind hog after an acorn" as we say down south, and think anything they say and do on the reflector is correct, helpful and gentlemanly. That is not the case!!

So, when you start telling well meaning, gentlemanly and knowledgeable Amateur Radio Operators, of long standing and experience and in LIFE and ELECTRONICS to "LIKE it or TAKE a HIKE, maybe you should get your trail map out!!  I love the reflectors and am staying  and will do my best to ignore those who don't respect their fellow Hams. 73, John, K5PGW