[AMRadio] Threads that go on and on

John King k5pgw at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 19 18:34:32 EST 2009

I am not arguing the point, but you folks are ignoring the point that a reflector is NOT a personal conversation between TWO  people, It is  PUBLIC forum. If it were no, members would be taking their conversations to direct email between TWO people. It is obvious that those who keep justifying the belaboring of miniscule points and engaging in "one upmanship" to demonstrate ones' superior knowledge will never admit that there are those who "run on and on" and take pride in grandstanding on a public forum.

I am not trying to pick an argument although most replies I have seen, basically say "we are COMPLETELY correct and your position is without merit". I am not always right but in my profession, I could have not made a good living without common sense, intellect and, and very good logic.

Why don't those who like the reflector to be flooded with "on and on" just say "right or wrong that is the way it is going to be and if you don't like it, just leave" !!  People who RESPECT other people, don't monopolize a public forum and don't feel that they MUST comment repeatedly on every topic that comes up even after the topic has been addressed, undressed and addressed again.

In conclusion, I will call your attention to the Hallicrafters reflector as it was several years ago and remind you that after the matter was straightened out by Al Waller, the hallicrafters public forum becme a pleasant, fun, informative and tolerable forum.

Is there only one reasonable and acceptable position and is it that everyone else is wrong?? 73, John, K5PGW