[AMRadio] Globe King 500C mod for 160M

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sat Dec 19 21:27:31 EST 2009

I installed another like variable across the existing one and tied it to
the bandswitch button that is in use when the final band switch is in
the 160 meter position.  When in 160 it adds the variable and when
switched to 80 it is eliminated from the circuit.  That is the top most
button on the switch.  I use a variable however a fixed cap can be used
but you will have  limited tuning range.

Makes the circuit able to tune into 50 ohms provided you run full plate
voltage on the final according to the manual.  I use mine on an Inverted
L that is ~165 ft. with a series cap to make the antenna a 50 ohm load.

Jim/W5JO