[AMRadio] transformer rattle - kill or cure?


Gary xfrmrs at roadrunner.com
Wed Dec 23 14:01:04 EST 2009


Max:
    While its out, it would not hurt a thing to give it several dips.
Regards,
TRS
Gary...WZ1M
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "AirRadio" <AirRadio at dsl.pipex.com>
To: "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service" 
<amradio at mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] transformer rattle - kill or cure?


> Gary,
> Just gone through a massive lightening storm here a moment ago so 
> everything
> was off for a while, yes the caps are Ok, I have actually swapped out the
> transformer and tried it under a light load, exactly the same, I will be
> 'hot dipping' this evening see how it is tomorrow, fingers crossed.... 
> here
> goes.
> 73 Max M0GHQ/KJ4ISS
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Gary" <xfrmrs at roadrunner.com>
> To: "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service"
> <amradio at mailman.qth.net>
> Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:48 PM
> Subject: Re: [AMRadio] transformer rattle - kill or cure?
>
>
>> You say, "latest boatanchor", which mite mean that the transformer is
>> becoming saturated to much from an over load condition. This would cause 
>> a
>> rattle. I have read the other posts and the preheat and a COUPLE of dips
>> in
>> varnish would more than likely, cure your problem. Check out those filter
>> caps.
>> Regards,
>> Gary...WZ1M
>> ----- Original Message ----- 
>> From: "AirRadio" <AirRadio at dsl.pipex.com>
>> To: "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service"
>> <amradio at mailman.qth.net>
>> Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 10:39 AM
>> Subject: [AMRadio] transformer rattle - kill or cure?
>>
>>
>>>I have a mains transformer in my latest boatanchor, it is rattling like
>>>mad, eventually goes away after an hour or so, I thought about dropping 
>>>it
>>>in a can of varnish, anyone cured one before, any luck or waste of time?
>>> 73 Max
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> I am using the free version of SPAMfighter.
>>> We are a community of 6 million users fighting spam.
>>> SPAMfighter has removed 2223 of my spam emails to date.
>>> Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com/len
>>>
>>> The Professional version does not have this message
>>> ______________________________________________________________
>>> Our Main Website: http://www.amfone.net
>>> AMRadio mailing list
>>> Searchable Archives: 
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/amradio@mailman.qth.net/
>>> List Rules (must read!): http://w5ami.net/amradiofaq.html
>>> List Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/amradio
>>> Post: AMRadio at mailman.qth.net
>>> To unsubscribe, send an email to amradio-request at mailman.qth.net with
>>> the word unsubscribe in the message body.
>>>
>>> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
>>> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
>>>
>>
>>
>> ______________________________________________________________
>> Our Main Website: http://www.amfone.net
>> AMRadio mailing list
>> Searchable Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/amradio@mailman.qth.net/
>> List Rules (must read!): http://w5ami.net/amradiofaq.html
>> List Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/amradio
>> Post: AMRadio at mailman.qth.net
>> To unsubscribe, send an email to amradio-request at mailman.qth.net with
>> the word unsubscribe in the message body.
>>
>> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
>> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 9.0.722 / Virus Database: 270.14.117/2582 - Release Date: 
> 12/22/09
> 18:22:00
>
>
> -- 
> I am using the free version of SPAMfighter.
> We are a community of 6 million users fighting spam.
> SPAMfighter has removed 2223 of my spam emails to date.
> Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com/len
>
> The Professional version does not have this message
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________
> Our Main Website: http://www.amfone.net
> AMRadio mailing list
> Searchable Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/amradio@mailman.qth.net/
> List Rules (must read!): http://w5ami.net/amradiofaq.html
> List Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/amradio
> Post: AMRadio at mailman.qth.net
> To unsubscribe, send an email to amradio-request at mailman.qth.net with
> the word unsubscribe in the message body.
>
> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
> 




More information about the AMRadio mailing list

This page last updated 23 Oct 2017.