[AMRadio] BROADCAST TRANSMITTER PARTS SOURCE

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 20:36:12 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 6:49 PM,  <sbjohnston at aol.com> wrote:
> I've done a lot of business with Commercial Radio in Cavendish, Vermont
> over the years, and have found them excellent.  Dan Churchill was the
> fellow's name if I recall correctly, and his family is involved as well.

Yep, Dan's the man when it comes to the RA-1000 in particular, had a
huge stash of parts for them last I knew. Lived a little over an hour
from me when I was up there. If I remember correctly, he also had 3
barns full of all sorts of radio equipment from wooden broadcast sets
to ham gear. Good to see that his website has been updated,
sortakinda.

The very first BC transmitter I found back in the mod 90s was an old
RA-1000 at a station in Rutland which the station owner was going to
sell me. The station manager had cut a deal with a fellow for it
previously though, and I just slipped out a side door while he was
arguing about it with the owner over the phone the day I showed up.
Turns out the guy he'd cut the deal with was Dan, so at least I know
it got to live on as a donor keeping other RA-1000s going.

As Steve says, they are a good source and you won't be disappointed so
long as you're not expecting hamfest prices.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4