[AMRadio] Ultrasonic feedback

Peter A Markavage manualman at juno.com
Tue Feb 3 15:16:34 EST 2009

Pulling the clipper tube just removes the diode action. It doesn't
eliminate the pass-through connections. Does this Apache modulator still
have two adjustable controls (one labeled Gain on the front panel and one
labeled Level, which was behind the key jack)? If Level control (adjusts
audio drive to the 12BY7) is set to high,  any clockwise adjustment
(beyond a few degrees above the off point)  of the front panel control
can set the second half of the 12AU7 and 12BY7/EL34s into oscillation. Of
course, a major modulator mod that might have been done (parts pulled,
new parts, changed wiring, etc.) may have turned these two controls into
different functions from what they were originally intended to be.

Pete, wa2cwa
http://www.manualman.com