[AMRadio] TEST

Ed Sieb esieb at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 5 13:34:16 EST 2009

That's only immediately after the "audio-audio" test.  And it's  "Howbouddat Skiplan', skiplan', ya gotta copy, c'mawn?".  No wait, that's only the CB AM'ers that do that.  The CB slawbuckets and freebanders improperly use Q signals.  They still use the "audio-audio" test though.

Ed, VA3ES

fomularace at comcast.net wrote:
I though you were supposed to say "Hello Skipland  skipland the motorcity
breaki'n and standing buy!"

Don k4kyv wrote"
According to what I have monitored on 75m, the way you are supposed to do
tests over the air is to (1) connect the crappiest sounding microphone you
can find, (2) put your transmitter in SSB mode, (3) turn your audio up as
high as it will go, way past the point of distortion, turn on your leenyar,
making sure the blower noise comes  through loudly enough to make the meter
read at  least half-scale, then (4) tranmit, yelling into the microphone:
"Audio - audio -audio - aaaauuuuuuudio"

You can be assured that another SSB op will come back to you and tell you
what a good sounding signal you have.  :-)