D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Sat Feb 14 15:23:24 EST 2009

> Well.......it was my intent to do so. I pulled them out, set them to the
> side and asked the station's operations manager to tell the people he was
> having move the carcass out to leave them so I could pick them up on my
> next trip. They didn't.
>
> I also told him to tell the painting and repair guy who had started
> caulking heavily around the old cracked Plexiglas feed line exit panel?to
> stop because I was going to replace it with a new piece of 1/2" Lexan. He
> didn't do that either. I had to spend half a day digging 2 or 3 tubes of
> caulk out so I could put in the new panel.
>
> Some people need to have their Push to Listen Switch exercised more than
> others.
>
> Bill AD5OL

That's a shame about those components, but I would say, typical.  Rule # 1
is to NEVER leave something you want to take home, lying around while
trusting someone else to take care of it for you.  Use whatever means
necessary to remove it from the premises immediately, or if that is
absolutely totally impossible, secure it  with a wire rope and padlock like
the ones stores use to secure removable items like lawnmowers, and securely
attach a note that clearly states that this is not trash to be hauled away.
People can be incredibly stupid when it comes to things like that.

Don k4kyv