[AMRadio] Broadcast transmitter rescue

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 20:38:03 EST 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Dudley <kdud1 at hughes.net> wrote:
> Hello Al, alot of info on the 20V's @ Collins 20v group

Which never made sense to me since these 'specialized' groups only
serve to splinter the knowledge base and stifle an overall technical
discussion that benefits all AMers. Just think how it would be if we
had a group for the Gates BC1-T also, or the RCA, GE, etc. BC
transmitters. Whatever, free country and all that.

Don, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on maximum connection
distance electrically for a VFO. Barry used to run a VFO on the 300G
and included a short cable with it for that purpose. I know someone
(maybe Paul, VJB?) actually removed the lower window in the door and
stuck the same T-368 unit inside their 300G. I'm hoping to have it
back on the air by fall and don't mind starting out crystal-controlled
to get things sorted out, but will want the flexibility to move around
for the exact reasons you mentioned. I'd like to have it on the bench
next to the transmitter, but that could end up being 8-10 feet going
through the transmitter's access holes.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4