[AMRadio] Broadcast transmitter rescue

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 09:56:17 EST 2009

> If it is a high-Z output directly from the plate of the tube through a
> parallel tuned circuit, like the stock T-368 unit or commercial ham VFO's
> like the VF-1 or Johnson 122, I would say maybe 5-6 feet at most, because
> the capacitance of the coax running to the transmitter begins to swamp out
> the tuning capacitance in the VFO output circuit.
>
> If it uses link coupling or other system of low-Z output, you can probably
> use a long a run as you need without any problems.

Thanks Don & others -

The cable I got with the transmitter has an octal plug on one end to
plug directly into the crystal oscillator unit where the crystal oven
would plug in. It's maybe 4-5' long at most. Can't recall if Barry had
the unit sitting inside the front door or left the door slightly ajar
with it outside. The interlocks are all disconnected but I plan to
reconnect them once all the bugs and any operational issues are
settled. I'm not big on having doors open with HV floating around.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4