[AMRadio] 75A-2 power consumption

WA5AM ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 15:08:26 EST 2009

Hi All,

I have a friend in Oregon that I'm trying to help via email, who is bringing
his A2 up slowly with a variac, after being stored for about 12+ years.
Anyone know what he should expect to see in regard to current draw on the AC
ammeter built on the Variac?  He is at 75 volts now with very little draw,
filaments on, and dial lights glowing.  I suspect the B+ rectifier (5Y3, I
think) should be conducting at this point too.  When he gets to a full 115
volts, what should he expect to see on the ammeter if all is well.

73
Brian / wa5am