[AMRadio] 75A2

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 09:17:31 EST 2009

It's certainly not a bad idea to have replacements if you do end up
needing them (you will, someday), just not advisable to swap them
wholesale as others have said. The radio itself is still the best tube
tester IMO, once you get it running it's easier to compare results
through performance. Tube testers are fine for a quick look and for
showing some obvious faults, but I've had two instances in the last 2
years where tubes tested great and showed no problems, but didn't work
properly in the set. I've also had receivers that worked great despite
having some tubes that tested low on the scale.

~ Todd, KA1KAQ/4