[AMRadio] 75A2

AirRadio AirRadio at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Feb 20 12:46:21 EST 2009

Reading this makes me think of my own experiences, I have an 837 tube for my
ART-13, the tube is brand new, I fitted it into the transmitter when the
filament failed on the previous one, it did not work, I tested it on the
tube tester, 100% within all perameters, checked it back in the rig, no go,
I tested the rig thinking there was more to the filament breaing than met
the eye, all present and correct, found another 837 and fitted it, perfect,
no reason why, just goes to show tube checkers only give a certain idea of
tube characteristics, not necessarily letting you know if they do the job or
not.
73 Max M0GHQ