[AMRadio] Getting started

Steve Belcher wa1zuf at juno.com
Mon Feb 23 19:39:29 EST 2009

Don't overlook a vintage Solid State receivers - Radio Shack DX-303, DX-200
the Yaesu FR-7 series and some of the early (70's vintage) Kenwoods all come
to mind..

I have in extensive collection of tube receivers on line in the shack,
however for a quick check to hear who's on or what the band conditions are,
A SS receiver is a fine thing to have on hand.  As I have already stated,
these too are becoming "vintage" radios. But most are still very reasonably
priced.

Steve - W1TAV
Or as my dad used to say when he had the call "Whisky One Tall Alcoholic
Victim"