[AMRadio] Paint Source for a Gates-Harris BC-1H1 ???

M. K. Hess mkhess at kias.org
Fri Feb 27 11:27:16 EST 2009

Hi folks,

The restoration of the BC-1H1 is coming to a close. I have most of the
electronic repair and rewire finished, and
I'm soon ready to start packing everything back into the case.

Today, being a warm day for Feb. on the East Coast. I took the case, sides,
and doors outside, and gave them a serious scrub and wash.
I got of the decades of brown sauce that had adhered to every exterior spot,
and all the black soot and dirt, removed inside and out.

On inspection there are just a lot of scratches, rust spots, and generally
bad places. I think the unit would benefit from a coat of factory paint.

Now the big question: Where can one get that interesting "Sea Foam"
greenish/grey Gates-Harris BC-1H color?

Any hints, clues, or directions???

Regards,

Mike Hess - N3EAQ