[AMRadio] Ranger solid state

Bernie Doran qedconsultants at embarqmail.com
Fri Feb 27 12:07:26 EST 2009

The diodes  go between the plates and the filament, you should also use a
series resistor that will provide the same or near same voltage drop as the
5R4. no need to do anything with the filament wiring . The resister is
probably in the range of  200 Ohms.  Probably should use two 1000 V PIV
diodes in each leg. if you have an old octal tube base that can be a simple
plug in.   I think plug in solid state replacements are still available.
Bernie W8RPW  --- Original Message -----