[AMRadio] Heathkit Daystom in England

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Sat Feb 28 12:45:19 EST 2009

The power transformers would have to be different.  In western Europe,
including UK, they use 230 volts @ 50 Hz.

It the UK, as I  recall, the mains plugs used to have two round prongs,
similar to the ones used on the continent, but they were a different size
and weren't interchangeable.  Last time I was there, the UK had changed over
to a gigantic three-prong thing that looks like what we use here for an
electric kitchen range, with massive copper or brass prongs.  With small
hand-held electric appliances, the plug is larger and heavier than the
device itself.  I wonder what genius came up with that idea.

Here is a list of countries of the world and the nominal power line voltages
and frequencies.

http://www.kropla.com/electric2.htm

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/