[AMRadio] WABOOF - Good News on HAM RADIO

robertcharles at att.net robertcharles at att.net
Thu Jan 8 16:04:12 EST 2009

I know I cut my teeth doing SWL Listening in the mid 60's and Popular Electronics got me started on that. So I would send QSL cards to the station and they would QSL me back, and boy was that exciting! Then a friend down the block, said his father was a ham and could help me get a license and that started the flames that are still lit today. True, it would be more difficult for a SWL listener whom didn't have a carrier insert feature on their radios to hear hams today to receive SSB. But now, based on what I read in QST this month, BPL is being installed in many states, which does not interfere with the ham bands however wipes out the Short Wave bands.
-------------- Original message from "D. Chester" <k4kyv at charter.net>: --------------