[AMRadio] Effort afoot to "reclaim" 3600-3700 CW subband

Bob Carpenter bcarpenter_tpc at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 9 09:18:45 EST 2009

Every body that wants to run A.M. go ahead and move down to the extra band,
then don't ask why A.M. is a dying mode !! A lot of "working stiff" still
have to work 40 to 60 hrs a week, and for what ever reason don't have our
"extra" but I really love A.M.
Got to say, I'm beginning to feel like it's a one way relationship , you
see. I'm not retired yet, and no I don't have a room full of old tube
xmitters (but would love to have )Do have a old DX 40 that I'm close to
getting on the air, and a three tube 811 amp, that may allow me to get into
a short QSO with some of you. It's really sad that in order to be "in the
group" you've got to run a tube xmitter and a amp, at 300 to 800 watts,
other wise, your just noise, and something to be tolerated with a short
reply, and then move on to another "big rig" sounding station.
This will most likely be my last post, sorry about the bitter mood, just
letting my feeling show I guess. Maybe after the bands get better in a few
years, I can have a little A.M. fun on 10 & 20 meters.

A.M.,,,,,,,the EXTRA mode

Bob Carpenter
KB4WEC
bcarpenter_tpc at bellsouth.net