[AMRadio] Effort afoot to "reclaim" 3600-3700 CW subband

JohnPerz at aol.com JohnPerz at aol.com
Fri Jan 9 10:36:03 EST 2009

Hi Rob,
               True there is AM activity in the extra portion of the
band.This was part of the  motivation for me to upgrade after being a Tech/General
from !960 to Dec of last  year.There is a lot of activity in the general portion
also, listen up around  3880 or so

                Many stations use their SS rigs with power in the 30/ 40 watt
range and do quite  well.That should be enuff for good signals in the 3/500
mile range, on 40/80  meters.

                 When we get some propagation, on 10 meters,50 watts and a
decent ground plane or  dipole gets you worldwide.Give it a whirl, you will be
surprised

                                  WA2FNS

In a message dated 1/9/2009 10:04:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,