[AMRadio] Effort afoot to "reclaim" 3600-3700 CW subband

Bob Carpenter bcarpenter_tpc at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 9 13:58:46 EST 2009

Todd,
I want to thanks all of you for your thoughts and advice. Rev Don, Jim,
John, Thomas, & Pete.
 Most all kind comments, and well meaning. First, yes Todd I'm on the air ,
do a lot of listening in the "ghetto" as it's called. I guess my location
here in Jacksonville Fl. Allows for a north and west listing area, and a few
A.M. nets that I do check in on every now and then. A quick check of my call
on QRZ.com and a picture of the station can be seen, as well as comments
regarding my love for A.M. I do have some success at 40 watt level and can
run a small solid state amp. That gives me a good 100 watt key down with 120
to 150 voice peaks. I'm using a 160 meter dipole at 50ft with 450 ohm latter
and a Johnson match box.
My whole comment this morning was directed at the A.M. stations giving up
the range of 3880 to 3990 and moving down to a more comfortable and clearer
location .(really can't fault them ) just felt abandoned I guess.
I just need to en-gauge brain and up grade but at the same time, would hope
for more activity in the southeast on 3885 with some of the big guy's moving
down 3880 or even 3875, just start working on a bigger hole in the "ghetto"
and not give it up, there will always be generals.

Bob Carpenter
KB4WEC
bcarpenter_tpc at bellsouth.net