[AMRadio] Beautiful Homebrew AM transmitter

Robert Nickels ranickel at comcast.net
Sun Jan 11 20:19:39 EST 2009

Mike Sawyer wrote:
> Unfortunately Bob, it lacks a modulator. Its pretty much a CW rig.

Well I was debating myself about that, Mike, but I'm not convinced.
What I first thought might be a pair of 811s on the second chassis up
could be MV rectifiers instead.  One would certainly expect to see at
least modulator plate meters on a rig like this, and there are two
unmarked meters on the top panel, one with a 500ma scale.

And  if you look at the power supply on the bottom of the rack, there
seems to be a lot of iron there, plus four tubes with plate caps visible
behind the perforated metal screen.  Yet the seller, who obviously knows
nothing about it, but makes reference to a "very heavy transformer that
goes with it".

Seems to me there's more stuff here than would be needed for a CW rig.

73, Bob W9RAN