[AMRadio] More positive on the "Good News"

Brett Gazdzinski Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net
Sun Jan 11 21:28:34 EST 2009

I used to maintain the network the FAA used to use.
Everything was redundant, but the new company (harris) does it all with
cisco routers.

There are about 6 companies involved, besides the hardware...

In the past, it used to impress people you could phone patch, or talk with
someone in a far away country, without having to pay a lot, but with sat
phones, cell phones, voip, that is not as impressive any more.

The geeks are all into computers, short range wireless in the GHz range, and
so on.

Brett