[AMRadio] 160 meter antenna

neal Newman cozy659 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 00:22:48 EST 2009

Jim you only need 50 feet of verticle space.
 why not just build yourself a Folded Unipole antenna
 if you Dont know how. Ask. its really easy. Just Run 3 lengths of #12 wire or if you have it #6 wire. short them up at around the 50 foot point and use 1" PVC Tubing as Insulators with clamps Down the side of the Tower.
 at the bottom Each wire is isolated with PVC from the Tower.
 BTW Each wire should be about 12" or more off the tower.
 then Tie all 3 wires together with a ring of #12 and take that as the Lead to the antenna tuner.  Run  at Least 4 ground radials 50 feet long If you can get the space make them 120 feet...
 and you will have a Killer 160 antenna.  if not
  make an inverted L     Run  a wire thats 130 feet long.  as far vertically as you can  then run the rest out horizontally...
 again you need at least 4 ground radials....  the unipole is what we use for Broadcast stations when we are tight for  height or space on a grounded Tower.

 Neal-KA2CAF
 CE- WTTM/WHWH/WJDM/WIBG/WFYL