[AMRadio] 160 meter antenna

robertcharles at att.net robertcharles at att.net
Mon Jan 12 15:36:00 EST 2009

Bill, I wasn't aware the broadcast towers were sitting atop of a insulator on the base...is this considered the norm? What type of material would you suppose the insulator is made with?
-------------- Original message from BILL GUYGER <bguyger at sbcglobal.net>: --------------

This is a skirt type antenna it's a fairly common "trick" used at some AM b'cast sites. This way the tower can be grounded rather than sitting on a base