[AMRadio] 160 meter antenna

robertcharles at att.net robertcharles at att.net
Mon Jan 12 17:20:33 EST 2009

Very interesting! How about a AT4K tuner by Palstar in the shack to tune the antenna?
-------------- Original message from "Brett Gazdzinski" <Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net>: --------------

If you run any power at all, forget the balun unless you gat some sort of monster one, the usual suspects wont work for even moderate power AM.

Any time I tried traps or baluns on AM, all I got was a fire.
Some might take 50 watts carrier, but the DX100 blew out many a trap back when I was starting out in AM.

Brett
N2DTS