[AMRadio] 160 meter antenna

Robert Nickels ranickel at comcast.net
Mon Jan 12 18:47:41 EST 2009

Brett Gazdzinski wrote:
> If you run any power at all, forget the balun unless you gat some sort
> of monster one, the usual suspects wont work for even moderate power AM.

Got that right!  I arced-over the little LDG balun on my ladder line fed
dipole the first time I keyed up my T-368.  I should have remembered,
but it had been OK with the 100 watt class AM rigs I ran before.  The
balun that's built-into the Heath 2060A tuner I'm using now seems to
work fine at high power, but it's about 4 times the size.

73, Bob W9RAN