[AMRadio] getting onto hot AM towers

neal Newman cozy659 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 05:59:40 EST 2009

These days my tower climber uses a 6 foot fiberglass ladder to Enter  onto a tower leg. since most of the stations I maintain are diretional. We usually  reduce power and switch to Non-D mode so he can Climb safely.
When designing a buildout of a directional we try to incorporate at least 2 non-D towers.  so that if one NON-D tower needs work. We can switch to the Other.
It goes without saying. If a climber is up in the air  Power must be reduced. no Questions asked Even when callers complain they cannot hear the station  drives the station owners crazy. But safety comes first.

Neal