[AMRadio] Folded Unipole versus Inverted L

John King k5pgw at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 10:33:01 EST 2009

Since the response to my previous email was not voluminous, I will pose a more direct question for my edification.

What is the difference in the radiation pattern and angle of radiation between the folded unipole and the inverted L?

Is there an advantage to having the folded unipole over the inverted L?

Is the difference merely ease and convenience of feeding the tower via folded wires as opposed to feeding it, at the base, with extension wire attached near the top to make it an inverted L?

Would the inverted L provide both low and high angles of radiation and greater efficiency due to longer length?

I am in the middle of an antenna project , re-establishing my antennas since Hurricane Gustav left me with only a GAP Titan Vertical. That is the reason for my persistent queries. Thanks and 73, John, K5PGW