[AMRadio] "Hot" Broadcast Towers

Robert A. Poff WB3AWJ wb3awj at comcast.net
Tue Jan 13 11:16:18 EST 2009

Even the induced RF can be very unconfortable.

When we rebuilt my former four tower array, I had a welder up one of the towers (Tower 2,, Steve) welding one leg together.

That tower wasn't being fed, and was grounded.

But every now and then a carib eener the welder had on his harness was touching the tower and his arm.

The induced RF was nailing him. When he came down his arm had little burn marks all over it.

They waited until I got to the site that morning to ask if I could lower power even more. Which I did.

Then I asked why they didn't call me earlier, he said "I didn't want to be a problem."
Geez.....

Robert A. Poff
Loganville, PA.

S/V Loon
Havre de Grace, MD

"Lieutenant, target the offending power boat and launch photon torpedoes"

"Lieutenant, target the offending power boat and launch photon torpedoes"